Skip to main content

New Lavender Oil Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley

“Bountiful Aromas” ©2013 Niki Gulley
24” x 24” textured oil painting on gallery wrap canvas

This lavender scene was inspired by our trip to Provence last year, and our fond memories of driving through the peaceful countryside, exploring quaint villages, and savoring the delicious provencal flavors.  When we came across this lavender field, the violet rows were so vibrant and fragrant, that I just had to paint the gorgeous setting. I was intrigued by how the majestic flowers were planted in such a way so as to lead your eye right to this one lone tree emerging from the purple expanse, and I had fun playing with the complimentary colors of the soil, crops and background to create energy and contrast.

Next summer we will be leading an Art Trek to Provence, so if you've always dreamed of painting, photographing and sightseeing during lavender and sunflower season in France, please join us for this amazing trip! Details will be coming soon on nikigulley.com/artreks.

For more information on "Bountiful Aromas," please contact my gallery at goodartcompany.com/gac/. 

Or, visit my website at NikiGulley.com to see more of my palette knife oil paintings.


E-mail - Niki Gulley.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...