Skip to main content

Peony Panoply and a North Texas Workshop by Flower Artist Nancy Medina


 Detail From: Peony Panoply by Nancy Medina

Class Demonstration

16X20
Oil on Archival Panel



Peony Panoply was my class demonstration for a workshop in North Texas today. The fresh peonies from the supermarket held up long enough for one more day under the spotlight, and my students and I painted pink peonies step by step together in the afternoon.  I love to see how each student's individual style unfolds throughout the afternoon as they paint from fresh flower setups. I always encourage them not to lose their own voice, but to incorporate only those items from the workshop that will work best with their own individual approach to painting. One thing everyone seemed to have in common was love for bright color and a desire to paint with large, loose brushstrokes. The message I shared most today: Paint with a bigger brush. I use a 3/4 inch flat brush for the entire painting. Here are some detail images of my demonstration today. Visit my art blog to see images of my class and their paintings today.




 The studio models take a bow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...