Peony Panoply and a North Texas Workshop by Flower Artist Nancy Medina


 Detail From: Peony Panoply by Nancy Medina

Class Demonstration

16X20
Oil on Archival Panel



Peony Panoply was my class demonstration for a workshop in North Texas today. The fresh peonies from the supermarket held up long enough for one more day under the spotlight, and my students and I painted pink peonies step by step together in the afternoon.  I love to see how each student's individual style unfolds throughout the afternoon as they paint from fresh flower setups. I always encourage them not to lose their own voice, but to incorporate only those items from the workshop that will work best with their own individual approach to painting. One thing everyone seemed to have in common was love for bright color and a desire to paint with large, loose brushstrokes. The message I shared most today: Paint with a bigger brush. I use a 3/4 inch flat brush for the entire painting. Here are some detail images of my demonstration today. Visit my art blog to see images of my class and their paintings today.




 The studio models take a bow!


Comments