Skip to main content

Cascade Red Poppies by Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Cascade Red Poppies
by Nancy Medina
11X14
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


Cascade Red Poppies is the newest daily painting in Flower Mound Studio, as I begin work on a new rose commission and pack supplies to ship for my workshop for the Greater St. Louis Art Association in 2 weeks. We are in the thick of summer here in North Texas, and my brush was warmed up from a new poppy painting finished yesterday, so cadmium red seemed appropo! I've switched from my beloved 3/4 inch flat brush to a 1 inch flat, ever since one of my students gifted me with the larger brush in Kansas City recently. I usually complete an entire painting just with this one large brush, a flat has everything you need, a sharp edge for line work, a tiny precise corner for details, and a broad expanse to cover the real estate quickly. Life is short, so paint with a big brush!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...