Skip to main content

DAY 8 OF 31 DAY ART CHALLENGE!

DAY 8
 OF 31 DAY ART CHALLENGE!

PORTRAIT SERIES: 

"CHRISTIAN"


9X12" ORIGINAL PASTEL PAINTING
BY Barbara J. Mason
 PRIVATE COLLECTION 

Today I experimented with a different type of paper. 
I typically use a sanded or soft rag paper, but
I found a tablet of Canson Pastel Paper and decided to give it a try.
 I really like the smooth surface and the fact that it allows me
 to produce  really thin and straight lines. 
This is a challenge with the sanded surfaces.
 With the Canson Pastel Paper I was able to apply multiple thin layers of soft pastels. 
I wasn't able to add as many layers as with the sanded surfaces,
but enough to create the desired depth and  color intensity.  
Next I will try a landscape and a floral
painting on this surface and see how things turn out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...