Summer's End - An Original 8 x 6 Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Summer's End ©
8x6 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 Yes, I know summer is not officially over yet but with school starting back this week it feels like it is. You may remember from yesterday's post that I went out to paint the setting sun a few days ago, well, this is the painting from that trip. There weren't many clouds by the time the sun started to set and the glare off the water was too much to look at. I managed to find a spot in the shade of a few tall trees and noticed this scene across the lake from where I was standing. I loved the look of the last few sun rays striking the tall grasses and edges of the trees. As I painted these things, the bit of sky I had room for turned the most wonderful shades of pink, red and purple. What a treat!



Comments