Skip to main content

Purple Pirouette Larkspur by Floral Artist Nancy Medina


Purple Pirouette Larkspur
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Palette Knife/Oil on Archival Panel


Sign Up for My Art Newsletter!


Purple Pirouette Larkspur was one of my afternoon paint-along lessons for my Rockwall, Texas workshop last week. Every time I see "stock" flowers in the grocer, I grab up bundles and run to the checkout cheering. The color is so intense, so rewarding, and these flowers are so simple in their beauty. It's like finding the perfect designer dress on the 1/2 off rack at Nordstrom's the day before your 20th class reunion. Okay make that your 30th class reunion, and shoes to match! I confess purples push all my buttons, but most of all this lesson for my students was about color temperature. Warm purples and cool purples, next to one another, give a burst of color that is simply gratifying. Color in all its glory, and that's why I pick up the paint brush every day, it's all about the joy of color!
My Dallas Arboretum class on November 9 is almost full, just 2 seats left, so I hope you can join me there. The fall pumpkin display, the colorful mums, and the beautiful flower gardens are worth the trip!



Larkspur make a great backdrop for any bouquet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...