Skip to main content

Art Lesson on line and color by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Art Lesson using Line and Color
  

This week I want to work on an exercise to loosen your thoughts and inspire your creativity.  Painting is ahead but I want some foundation and work done before doing a lot of painting. You need to be using all the elements and having full grasp of different mediums at the same time.

If I gave you the math problem of 8 + 3 = N, you know how to solve for N.  But how many ways can you get there?  That is limited. If I give you the art problem of Line + Color = N , N is limitless. You can do this with Paint, you can do this with crayons, you can do this with markers, you can do this with craypas or watercolors or anything. You can even collage using lines and color.

There is no given subject, no given rules or guidelines.  Here is a painting I did in 2008.  Gives you an idea  to loosen you up with thoughts and plan a composition of maybe a vase with flowers...or a cityscape with the buildings in black and white and the sky in colors.

Hard Wired



Matthew 6:21 - Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.





Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...