Skip to main content

New Plein Air Painting from the Dallas Arboretum by Niki Gulley

“Water Wall," Dallas Arboretum ©2013 Niki Gulley
9" x 12" Plein Air Oil Painting

I painted this oil of the "Water Wall" at the Dallas Arboretum a couple of weeks ago as part of my demonstration during my plein-air painting workshop. I loved the golden light hitting the stucco and the interesting shadows that were created from the trellis above. Working with a combination of brush and palette knife, the final painting is full of color and texture.

If you'd like to join me for one of our Plein Air Painting / Photography Art Trek Workshops in Europe, please let me know and I can send you a brochure. Upcoming trips include Carnival in Venice, Paris, Provence during lavender season, Tuscany and Cinque Terre/ Lake Como, Italy. For more details, visit nikigulley.com/artreks.

To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, please visit nikigulley.com.

For more information on my plein air paintings and workshops, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...