Skip to main content

"Winter Medley" by Kyle Wood


"Winter Medley" by Kyle Wood
5" x 7" Oil on Canvas Paper

Sometimes when I paint a landscape that I like, I will take the same scene and repaint it in a different light, mood, alter the colors, and or season.  This is a good way to create a series of paintings that tie together as unified body of work.  It is sort like design multiplication or probability outcomes. Basically, I am taking a composition and creating multiple solutions to same the problem.  Learning to work and think in terms of creating multiple solutions is something that I learned, while obtaining a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design at The University of Texas of Arlington.  Graphic designers or Commercial artists have to learn how to take an idea and present to a client at least three solutions. Usually, each solution is quite different.  In some cases like labels for packaging or signage, you want the imagery and text be similar in structure and design.  This is what they call a "Unified System".  The colors used in the designs can be different, but the overall design and layouts are similar.

To see more paintings of mine, please visit me at www.kwoodfineart.com.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...