Skip to main content

Jimmy Longacre_subjective impressionist landscape paintings_ZION CLIFFS


I've been traveling to paint during October and November.  It was a wonderful experience to get out into new landscapes.  Now, I'm playing catch-up back in the studio.  It's great to be home again, but I need to improve my juggling act this year.  I have a new iPad, so I can start posting while traveling.

Here's a plein air study done in magnificent Zion National Park.  I'll try to show you more of what I've been doing.  I feel things changing, getting more direct in my paint handling.  I think that's coming from paying closer attention to starting with a good notan pattern. Careful planning is the greatest enhancement to spontaneity!  

ZION CLIFFS
©Jimmy Longacre 2013
9X12 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective impressionist landscape paintings


GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...