Skip to main content

Jimmy Longacre_subjective impressionist landscape paintings_WINTER CREEK


A break from my urbanization to my old country ways.  :)
This is "stick season" out there, so I like to push things a bit. I needed a change from my urban series, so I headed down one of the roads out here in the Texas hill country.  I have to be careful because if I go out without my painter-vision working I don't see anything worth painting!  Everything seems to be a couple of shades of wheat, olive and gray.  Once I pick up on a subtle clue from the landscape color, I like to select a premixed color plan and see how I can enhance the effect using a very limited palette.  This one was done with Yellow Ochre, Quinacradone Magenta, Manganese Violet, Cobalt Blue, Cerulean Blue, Black and White.

WINTER CREEK
©Jimmy Longacre 2014
8x10 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective impressionist landscape paintings


GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...