Skip to main content

Collage Demo by Suzy Pal Powell


We lucked out last night and had half way decent weather to drive to Portales.  It is 100 miles.  We saw a fire on the way, just inside NM. I didn't get a very good photo, but you can see what could burn! Most of the ranchers have sold their cattle, it is so dry here..heading into a 4 year drought.

The demo went ok I guess. There is no way you can do a collage in 30-45 mins. but you can explain how you work, etc.  This demo was taking failed watercolors and collaging them.  The music scene on the bottom corner was one of those. as well as the white flower I worked on. The music is below. It was just so blah and there didn't seem to be much I could do with it.  I think the collaged one worked out much better. Has more excitement.  I left some of the watercolor showing.  The bottom right is all watercolor, and some of the piano keys are left.


 

 
The Purple top left corner was collage/watercolor and one of the ladies bought it for her Granddaughter.  We had a fun night. Great Mexican food with a good friend then an hour of art!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...