Skip to main content

New "Building on the Past" Oil Painting of the Cinque Terre by Niki Gulley

"Building on the Past," Cinque Terre, Italy ©2014 Niki Gulley
40" x 30" oil painting on wrap around canvas

Last year on our Cinque Terre Art Trek, we set up our easels in Riomaggiore and I tried to capture the intricate puzzle of stacked houses precariously balanced one on top of each other lining this cliffside. The engineering feat to build them fascinates me, and I love their bright hues contrasted against the Mediterranean's blues. I wonder what it's like to live there, to see that gorgeous ocean view out your window everyday and on the flip side, trying to navigate all of the uneven steep steps with groceries and daily tasks. Once back in my studio, I took my plein air sketch and photos and created this larger version of Riomaggiore in all of its colorful glory. I hope you can still hear the cathartic sounds of the waves crashing against the rocky shore and the joy of being on vacation in such a beautiful, uplifting place.


If you'd like to join us in Cinque Terre / Lake Como for our next Plein Air Painting and Photography Workshop Sept. 12th-21st, please let me know. For more details, e-mail Niki Gulley or go to nikigulley.com/artreks.

Upcoming ArtTreks
Paris, France – June 19-27, 2014
 Provence, France – June 26 – July 4, 2014
Tuscany, Italy – Sept. 5-13, 2014
Cinque Terre and Lake Como, Italy – Sept. 12-21, 2014
New Orleans, LA - Oct. 22-25, 2014

2015
Venice, Italy – Carnivalé – Feb. 2015
 Athens and Santorini, Greece – June 26 – May 2015
The French Riviera – June 2014
 Provence, France – June /July 2015

Plein Air Painting / Photography Workshop
Led by Niki Gulley and Scott Williams
These workshops are filling up quickly, so we encourage you to register soon!
***

To see more of my contemporary landscape paintings and plein air oil paintings, please visit my website at NikiGulley.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...