Skip to main content

New "Primary Colors" Oil Painting by Niki Gulley from Burano, Italy

"Primary Colors," Burano, Italy ©2014 Niki Gulley
12" x 16" textured oil painting

We have been leading Art Treks in Venice, Italy for the past 6 years and one of the places that I look forward to most when we're visiting is the quaint, colorful island of Burano. Known for making lace by hand, what I particular love are all of the vibrant painted houses and the reflections they cast in the canals. I feel like a kid in a candy store, not knowing what to paint first. It is such a visual feast for your eyes! I was particularly drawn to this scene with the warm reds and yellows contrasted against the vivid  calm blue water, fishing boats docked for the day and some clean clothes drying in the distance.

If you'd like to join us next February in Venice for our Plein Air Painting and Photography Workshop, please let me know. For more details, e-mail Niki Gulley or go to nikigulley.com/artreks.

Upcoming ArtTreks
Paris, France – June 19-27, 2014
 Provence, France – June 26 – July 4, 2014
Tuscany, Italy – Sept. 5-13, 2014
Cinque Terre and Lake Como, Italy – Sept. 12-21, 2014
New Orleans, LA - Oct. 22-25, 2014

2015
Venice, Italy – Carnivalé – Feb. 2015
 Athens and Santorini, Greece – June 26 – May 2015
The French Riviera – June 2014
 Provence, France – June /July 2015

Plein Air Painting / Photography Workshop
Led by Niki Gulley and Scott Williams
These workshops are filling up quickly, so we encourage you to register soon!
***

To see more of my contemporary landscape paintings and plein air oil paintings, please visit my website at NikiGulley.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...