Skip to main content

New "Snake Crossing" Oil Painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley

"Snake Crossing" ©2014 Niki Gulley
20" x 24" • textured oil on canvas

We spend a lot of time in the car, between driving across country for art shows, exploring new places for inspiration, and traveling while teaching painting and photography workshops, so in this new series I've felt compelled to capture my views from the passenger seat. This particular painting was inspired by one of our trips out west. Not only do I love the various rock formations in the distance and the dramatic sunset, but I relish the sense of open space after living in a city. Looking out on the expansive horizon, I get the feeling that anything is possible and a new discovery is just ahead. All lines are designed to beckon you into the distance, and an upcoming snake crossing road sign hints that you have escaped city life and are immersed in a vast unspoiled landscape. This low angle of the road combined with energetic diagonal strokes is designed to give you the feeling of freedom while driving cross country in search for whatever your journey holds next.

To see more of my palette knife contemporary landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com or if you are in the Austin, TX area this weekend, please stop by my booth at Art City Austin.

Art City Austin (TX)
Sat. April 12 • 10am – 8pm
Sun. April 13 • 11am – 6pm
2nd St. Retail & Shopping District
ArtAllianceAustin.org

***
E-mail - Niki Gulley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...