Skip to main content

Niki Gulley at Deep Ellum Arts Festival this Weekend

"Sharing the Sun" ©2014 Niki Gulley
24" x 12" • textured oil on canvas

Inspired by our trip to Provence last summer, I was filled with joy by these massive fields of sunflowers blooming. Wanting to paint a tall vertical and capture enough sky to show the fluffy white clouds drifting by on this beautiful summer day, I included the tree branch on the left so that it would lead your eye down to the sunflowers and fill the negative space such as done in Asian art, which I've always admired. Loaded with unexpected happy colors, diagonal strokes creating energy and movement, and thick paint causing extreme dimension, this painting shows the beauty and power of nature to uplift your spirits, and cast sunshine on life.

Next summer we will be leading an Art Trek to the French Riviera and Provence in June, so if you've always dreamed of painting, photographing and sightseeing during lavender and sunflower season in France, and following in the footsteps of Monet, Van Gogh and Cezanne, please join us for this amazing trip! For more details, visit nikigulley.com/artreks.

To see more of my palette knife contemporary landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com or if you are in the Dallas area this weekend, please stop by my booth at the Deep Ellum Arts Festival.

Deep Ellum Art Festival (TX)
Fri. April 4 • 11pm – 9pm
Sat. April 5 • 11am – 9pm
Sun. April 6 • 11am – 7pm
Dallas • booth #39 on Main @Walton

***
E-mail - Niki Gulley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...