Skip to main content

Van Gogh on Twitter and an Art Marketing Workshop - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.com

Ruby Tango Peonies
by Nancy Medina
12X12
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


Don't you wish they had taught just one course on art marketing in College? Wouldn't it have been nice if the professor who taught color theory 101 had mentioned in passing one day, oh by the way, when you finally get your own Web site, be sure it's user friendly enough that you can update it yourself. The truth is, no one was selling art 20 years ago, the way art is sold now. Some of us were still pretty excited about email back then. Imagine what art would be like today, if Van Gogh had posted his paintings on Facebook, if Monet had his own Youtube channel, and if Picasso was on Twitter 24/7.

@Braque - Sold another #staircaselady 2day! 
Betcha can't top that @Pablo!
.

I lived in the resort community of Santa Barbara, California, when I first began selling my watercolor paintings. I traded some for rent, some for furniture (a particularly hideous oak shelving unit comes to mind). I had my first art show with a class that met in a little building just off State Street next to the rug cleaner's. Our group was led by an exceptional teacher who started each lesson by informing my classmate, Jonathan Winters, of his promise not to disrupt her lesson with any jokes or facial gestures. This was 22 years ago. Read more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...