On the Bench


On the Bench
Still Life
11 x 14
Oil on Belgian Linen
Randall Cogburn

To Purchase email me.
Price: $300 + s/h, insurance

A little story about why I chose this subject to paint. It was a stormy day  about noon or so. The sky was filled with clouds filled with water ready to gush down. In fact it had been raining quite a bit early morning. On the back porch I have a workbench and where I do all things that require cutting wood, or fixing this or that, you know, man stuff. The roof over the porch extends about 15 feet away from the house and makes for a nice place to work but also cast a big shade on everything. The trees in the backyard add to the problem also. However there was just enough light to make the gas can and a few other things emerge from the darkness. Lately I've been interested in capturing things around the house in low light situations and on this day it paid off. Hope to do more like this. 

Comments

Popular Posts