Skip to main content

Postcards From Summer and How to Mix Brilliant Purples - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1484665

Postcards From Summer
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel




The purple irises in my garden are flagging, waving about in the breeze, trying their best to compete with their brilliant blue neighbors, my hydrangeas. However, the season for irises is flying by, and their rivals the hydrangeas are well on their way to glory days. My palette leans toward cool greens and warm red violets in the spring, reflecting exactly what nature is painting in her own garden in my back yard. You'll see exactly how I put this into practice in my new online video lesson on blue lace hydrangeas, which will be launching in the next 2 weeks. Stay tuned here to my art bloggy for the scoop, and warm up your brushes, let's scoop up luscious piles of purples and blues and ring in spring together! Here's a tip on how you can mix brilliant purples. Read more...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...