Skip to main content

Challenging Perspective by Pamela Blaies

Ivy Plein Air
oil
7" x 7"

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th!  I feel blessed to live in such an amazing country, where so many patriots have fought to establish and maintain the most unique country in history which is based on equal liberty for all it's citizens.  May God continue to bless America.

I heard an interesting quote yesterday from an artist, Mian Situ, that goes something like this, "I don't want to just paint beautiful things, I want to paint things beautifully." ​  It was interesting to think about and it kind of forced me to shift my way of thinking.  I've been on vacation this past week at a beautiful resort. There are tons of gorgeous, show-stopping flowers to enjoy. Beautiful colors all around me to take in and possibly paint.  But sitting by the pool, I noticed some ivy growing in the shade of a big tree, where light barely filters in. As I looked more carefully at them, I began to see more and more colors, subtle nuances and interesting edges. So, instead of painting the brilliant, red hibiscus near the doorway, or the cheery, orange daisy and colorful fruit sitting by my coffee this morning, I painted a tiny trail of ivy today! 

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click
 HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...