Skip to main content

Water Lili Oil Painting 48x60 by Texas Artist Anton Zhou




This is one of my first couple of large paintings, in fact probably the biggest I've done so far on canvas, 48 X 60. I finished this work the other day, and I definitely enjoy working with such a large space because I feel a lot more free with the motion of my palette knife, and in this painting the thickness and rich colors are evident throughout. Balance and emphasis really tested my ability to create a soothing composition as I took in account the flow of light upon water and  how lilies float on a pond's surface. Since I wanted to create this effect, a large amount of gold and olive green were incorporated into the lilies to avoid transparency. To elicit the natural tendency to be unevenly distributed and at times tangled together, I included vines and polished the painting with a final touch of extra fluid oil paint splattered lightly across. With a mixture of reflective colors and a variety of palette knives, I was able to build an overall composition that I'm pleased with.

For more artwork, please visit my website at http://www.antonzhouartwork.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...