Skip to main content

October Workshop: BRUSHSTROKES, EDGES and MAGIC with Gaye Sekula



"Alexandra" After Fechin
"BRUSHSTROKES, EDGES and MAGIC"
Cost: $225, includes studio and model fee

Date: October 3, 4 & 5
Time: 9:30am-4:30pm
Location: New Braunfels Art League
239 West San Antonio St
New Braunfels, TX 78130


How many times have you found yourself wishing you could paint more loosely and with more expressive brushstrokes? Please don't give up and pitch your paint brushes. I am confident that I can help you make some real progress, gain confidence and have a great time doing it. 
"Michael as Tevia" (Live model)

The number one compliment I get on my paintings is about my brushstrokes and have finally figured out a way to really teach it. I have decided to enlist my hero, Nicolai Fechin! Whether or not you are a big fan, there is so much to be learned by studying his style.

Nicolai Fechin was an artist's artist. It was very important to him to paint the spirit of the subject, whether it was a model, a landscape or a still life. He was a master of draftsmanship, color harmonies and brushstrokes. To the layman, his brushstrokes may seem wild and random, but he was in fact very thoughtful and sure before adding a single mark. 

While my work pales in comparison, Nicolai Fechin has been and still is my greatest inspiration. I have learned much through my studies of his work and philosophy. My objectives for this workshop are to help you see and understand edges-which ones are important to include and which ones to leave out-paint application with both brushes and knives, and the importance of brushstrokes. I will also do my best to help you to paint from your soul rather than get bogged down in rules and just copying what you see. 
We will copy at least one or two of his paintings and, on the final day, we will paint from life, which will greatly reinforce what we have learned. 

Checks made out for the FULL amount to NBAL can be mailed to:
Sandy Oberg
1400 Greystone Drive
New Braunfels, TX 78132



"Girl with Shawl" After Fechin

210-259-3233

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...