Skip to main content

"Santorini Sunset" Pastel Landscape by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley


"Santorini Sunset" ©2014 Niki Gulley
12" x 24" pastel

My husband and I honeymooned in Greece and fell in love with everything about it. Definitely one of our favorite spots was the island of Santorini for its beautiful views of the Caldera, its white-washed architecture with the signature blue domes, the laid back attitude and the warmth of the people. Here is a view at the far end of the island in the town of Oia. I wanted to capture the "skyline," ocean view and the gorgeous sunset that night.

***
If you’d also like to experience the beauty, history and culture of Greece, join me and travel photographer, Scott Williams, for our Plein Air Painting and Photography Art Trek to Athens and Santorini, Greece May 8-16, 2015. We'd love to have you join us! E-mail Niki Gulley for more information or go to nikigulley.com/artreks for more details on France, Greece, or our Italy Art Treks.

For more information on "Santorini Sunset," please e-mail Niki Gulley.

Or, visit NikiGulley.com to see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings and pastels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...