Skip to main content

The Bells of Frayssinet and Sing to Me Poppies - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina


 Sing to Me Poppies
by Nancy Medina
16X20
Oil on Archival Panel
Sold

My new DVD



I finally have my land legs here in Frayssinet as I write this post for you from the Lot Valley in Southern France. The church photo below is the view from my bedroom window at Le Vieux Couvent, a 17th Century convent converted into an artist school and retreat. I can lean out my blue shuttered window, resting my elbows on the thick, ancient stone wall, and see the stars so clearly tonight.There is nothing but perfect silence outside, except for the historic bells.

Every few hours, the bells ring from the village church here in this medieval village. Years ago, the this was how the townsfolk were able to tell what time it was, and it helped the workers in the fields know when it is time to come in for meals. Now the bells toll for a different purpose. Read more...

Join me in Southern France ~ August 2015

Read more...


http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/page/4852/august-4-14-2015-le-vieux-couvent-southern-france-almost-full

The church bells of Frayssinet
Photo copyright Nancy Medina Art LLC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...