Skip to main content

Blue Rhapsody Hydrangeas - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1581891

Blue Rhapsody Hydrangeas
by Nancy Medina
14X14
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas




Blue Rhapsody is the daily newbie in Flower Mound Studio, based on a setup from my worksho last weekend. We placed a purple silk cloth behind a batch of fresh blue hydrangeas, and draped the cloth at an angle (since we didn't have enough to cover the entire background). The warm light turned the cloth orange on one side, and almost white on the other, leaving streaks of crimons violets in the shadows. My partner in flower stalking, Mary Medley, and I both agreed such color schemes make our hearts go pitty pat! I wonder if there are others out there nearly as nuts about flowers as Mary and I....?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...