Skip to main content

Spring Geranium Garden and a Houston Workshop - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina



http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1589143

Spring Geranium Bouquet
by Nancy Medina
24X18
Oil on Deep Gallery Wrap Canvas


Spring Geranium Garden was one of my class demonstrations this weekend in my Spring, Texas workshop, in The Woodlands area just north of Houston. We painted yellow tulips, red geraniums and tomorrow, white hydrangeas and purple larkspur, all from fresh flowers. Painting from life is such a great way to pay tribute to Mother Nature, and creating a painting from a fresh flower has an impact that is quite a bit stronger than recreating work from a one dimensional photograph. How to make the transition from photos to life is one of the things I share with my students.Visit my art blog to see photos from class this weekend, and hear about a holiday gift that's coming your way soon!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...