Oh Happy Day! by Kay Wyne


Oh Happy Day!
18" x 36" Oil on Heavy Duty Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Still Life Painting
My favorite canvas shape is the square, but I really like the canvas I picked for this horizontal still life.  The vase of flowers is intentionally off-center.  The bouquet fills the canvas and is spilling over the edges, implying that the bouquet is full and over-flowing.  I used the palette knife on most of this painting.  The canvas has plenty of texture color.  I focused on lavenders and greens and greys and mixed piles and piles of oils when I painted this.  This painting is for sale, and is hanging at Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas, Texas for the "Local Color" exhibit.  It will be up for the next week, then a new show, "It's A Small World" begins June 6th.  Thanks for looking at this blog....Kay

Comments