Skip to main content

Shriner Poppies by artist Pat Meyer



9 x 12 oil on linen
contact artist to purchase
Pat@Meyer.net

Yesterday I was at Lowes looking for some new garden flowers to paint.  Many new little selections to pick from but when I spotted the poppies I went right over to select the perfect pot of poppies.  I had never painted poppies before and didn't know why I had such a strong feeling towards them.  When speaking to my cousin later in the day I was reminded about her Daddy and Mine both selling poppies to raise money for the Shriners Hospital.  These poppies must have been tugging at my heart since we had just lost my uncle this week.  He is now in heaven with  my Daddy his brother and heaven is rejoicing.  I am glad I painted the poppies for them.

www.PatMeyer-artist.com

Signature Member Artist of Texas, Oil Painters of America, American Impressionistic Society

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...