Skip to main content

"Vertical Aromas" Palette Knife Lavender Field Painting by Niki Gulley

"Vertical Aromas" ©2016 Niki Gulley
24" x 12" textured mixed media painting on wrap around canvas

The lavender fields in Provence are incredible – perfectly manicured rows and rows of an explosion of violet as far as the eye can see. I wanted to try something different in this painting, arranging the purple waves vertically to draw your eye up to the stone farmhouse in the distance. Meanwhile wispy clouds drift by and perspective lines all converge, leading you to this joyful, peaceful spot. I hope you can smell the amazing aromas and  feel your spirits lifted while gazing into this scene!

For information on Vertical Aromas or more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, please see my new works at the Good Art Company Gallery, goodartcompany.com/gac/.

To view more of my lavender, poppy and sunflower field paintings, visit nikigulley.com.



For more information on our Plein Air Painting and Photography Art Trek Workshops in Italy, France, England and Ireland, please visit www.ArtTreks.org or e-mail Niki Gulley.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...