Skip to main content

Grasses..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews





I had this odd off cut of paper, and have no idea what it was though. It's a dark maroon color and is sanded. Any ideas?

Anyway, I had mounted it onto some archival foam core a few years ago so why not use it?

The format is quite elongated and poses problems or should I say, challenges to the artist, composition wise.

I chose to do just tall brambles and grasses, really playing with the various textures.
I used an alcohol wash under painting in parts, let it dry and then worked the pastels over the top.

I don't usually do this technique of underneath washes, but this paper took the wet media so why not?

I hope you like it.

This image is 8" x 22" unframed.
$300 plus S/H

It is also available in prints at:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/grasses-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true

Rae conducts demonstrations and workshops in all media.
Please contact her through this blog or via her website at:
www.raeandrews.com

Thanks for visiting..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...