Skip to main content

Abstract by Kay Wyne





Horizontal
48" x 60" 

Vertical
60" x 48"

I painted this abstract on a 48" x 60" Gallery Wrap Canvas.  It can hang vertically or horizontally.  I painted it horizontally until the last day, and at the point I turned it on it's side to reach some canvas that needed some detail and brushstrokes headed in another direction.  Turning the canvas on all four sides gives the viewer some options on hanging...

This painting started out as a landscape with a horizon line and colorful land bars.  Once my wide lines and shape started to take place, it began to look and feel like a stream of water with fish swimming upstream.  I concentrated on my color palette from the get-go, wanting pleasant and beautiful colors.  I mixed everything...nothing is straight out of a tube.  This painting is drying at the studio.  It isn't titled right now....although "Upstream" might be a good choice.  The sides of the canvas are painted with a dark vulcan grey, and framing is not necessary.  Contact Kay Wyne for more information on this contemporary abstract painting.  Kay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...