Skip to main content

New "Under the Old Oak Tree" Texas Hill Country Painting by Niki Gulley

"Under the Old Oak Tree," Texas Hill Country ©2017 Niki Gulley
30" x 40" textured oil painting

Inspired by a trip to the hill country, I wanted you to feel the warmth and beauty on this perfect spring day while out for a leisurely drive among the bluebonnets and Texas wildflowers. I was drawn to this stately, gnarly live oak tree perched on a mound of bluebonnets, looking larger than life. The dramatic clouds behind it seemed to all be pointing at it, too, drawing even more attention to its beauty. I wanted to capture that feeling of drama and capture its spirit in my composition. Painted with thick oil paint and palette knives to achieve extreme texture, the resulting image comes to life and is loaded with color, movement and energy, just like the scenery which inspired it.

To see more of my contemporary landscape paintings, please visit nikigulley.com.

For more information on my bluebonnet paintings and Texas landscapes, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

For more information on "Under the Old Oak Tree and more of my Texas hill country landscape paintings, please see my new works at the Good Art Company Gallery in Fredericksburg, goodartcompany.com/gac/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...