Skip to main content

New "Secret Garden" Provence Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley

"Secret Garden," Provence ©2017 Niki Gulley
12" x 9" oil painting

I painted this peaceful courtyard while my husband and I were leading our Plein Air Painting and Photography Art Treks Workshop in Provence, France. I loved the peach archway framing the picture window in the distance, creating a frame within a frame. The complimentary colors juxtaposed against each other created such an exciting contrast. While the light was a little tricky to capture going in and out of the clouds, I tried to convey its soft illumination on the walkway and distant wall. Painted with palette knife, this painting is loaded with texture and color, and I hope you are transported to this picturesque spot.

Photo by Sheri Jones

If you'd like more information or a brochure on one of our upcoming Plein Air Painting and Photography Workshops, please let me know. We are taking reservations now, so please let us know if you would like to join us. This year's trip filled up in less than a week! For more details, e-mail Niki Gulley or go to ArtTreks.org.

For more information on "Secret Garden", please contact my gallery, the Good Art Company Gallery, in Fredericksburg, goodartcompany.com/gac/.

Or, visit NikiGulley.com (www.NikiGulley.com) to see more of my impressionistic plein air oil paintings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...