Skip to main content

Neptune’s Court..Watermedia..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews





NEPTUNE'S COURT began in a recent abstract workshop I took with Mary Ann Beckwith.

Lots of paint flying everywhere, textures and creativity.

I had just a big sheet of this Yupo (manufactured paper) covered in implied textures, very pretty, but now what?

The paint always GLOWS on Yupo, and yes, this is mostly WATERCOLOR with some acrylic GESSO over parts, NO INK is used, although I bet some of you thought I had used INK..
Anyway....

I love a challenge.

Pretty as my start was with patterns made by stamping objects or cloth into and over paint, I feel we as artists, should not rely on that alone. It's a trap.. and many artists deem a painting finished before they truly have done much of their own 'pulling together'.

The challenge is making A PAINTING out of all of this lusciousness.

For days now I have gone back and forth with this, breaking objects into the patterns I made, losing and diminishing the importance of my implied textures, to make my AQUATIC shapes evolve.

It takes a LOT of thought, and I constantly turned this around to show all angles before I decided on this vertical format. The painting actually works okay with most angles though.

                                                    I hope you like my result.

                                            This image is 21.5" x 30" unframed

                                                               $550 plus S/H

            Prints of this image can also be purchased through Fine Art America:

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/neptunes-court-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true











Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...