Skip to main content

"Oak Alley" Palette Knife Painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley

"Oak Alley" ©2017 Niki Gulley
SOLD • 16" x 20" textured oil painting

Just Sold! I painted this colorful oak lined alleyway a couple of weeks ago on location at the Fort Worth Stock Yards. I was attracted to the contrast of light and shadows and the way the oaks lined up to lead you down this dappled path into the background Spanish archway, which was illuminated in glowing whites and yellows by the sun. The colors were duller than this and I wanted a warmer feeling to the scene since it was a chilly morning, so I enhanced the hues to create an uplifting backdrop full of color and energy. Utilizing thick paint and palette knife, I also created a lot of texture and movement with my strokes to add to the joyful feeling of painting on this beautiful morning.

For more information on my textured contemporary landscape paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

Or, check out my website at: nikigulley.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...