Skip to main content

New "Field of Sunshine II" Palette Knife Sunflower Painting by Niki Gulley

“Sunny Horizon" ©2018 Niki Gulley
30" x 48" textured oil painting on wrap around canvas

Inspired by a trip through the Midwest, I was filled with joy seeing this solid field of gold! At the same time, the clouds above were so voluminous and dramatic that I had to recreate the scene. The horizon stretches out before us as festive blossoms dance in the early evening glow. Leaving my strokes loose and free and working with palette knife to create volume and texture, all add to the energy of the painting. I hope you, too, can feel the peace and happiness of being surrounded by nature in all of its glory, staring into the clouds while soaking in the moment.

For more information on textured sunflower and poppy paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

Or, check out my website at: nikigulley.com.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...