Skip to main content

Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley Receives "Best in Show"


©2018 Niki Gulley • textured oil paintings

I'm so excited and honored to have received "Best in Show" at Webster Groves Art Fair this summer!

In my work I strive to capture the vibrant energy and intrinsic beauty of our natural surroundings so as to uplift one's spirits and suggest childlike wonder. In order to achieve the desired mood for my work, I combine an impressionistic flair for painting with a sculptor-like technique by applying paint thickly using palette knives, thereby creating multi-dimensional images. The resulting style achieves a richness of depth that explodes with color, flows with light, and evokes an emotional response. By utilizing vivid hues and contrasting the play of light and shadow to create drama, my broad energetic strokes add to a sense of vitality and motion, bringing my landscapes to life.  

For more information on contemporary impressionistic palette knife paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

Or, check out my website at: nikigulley.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...