Skip to main content

New "Cross Hatch" Palette Knife Aspen Tree Painting by Niki Gulley

"Cross Hatch"
12" x 18" textured oil by Niki Gulley

Recently, we visited Santa Fe and to escape the heat we ventured up the Santo de Cristo mountains to cool down amongst the beautiful, refreshing aspen trees. I was attracted to this grouping of trunks in particular with their beautiful textured white bark and their proximity and angles to each other. Their verticality offset by the horizontal logs on the ground made for an interesting composition. On this piece, I decided to pull in tight on the trunks, really focusing on the peeling bark and gnarled knots. I chose to include just a sliver of the sentinels behind to give you a sense of being surrounded by the peaceful forest and accentuating the rhythm in the upright trunks. Pops of red add to the joy and energy of the moment. I hope you, too, can feel the serenity of this rejuvenating place.

E-mail Niki Gulley for more information on her palette knife aspen and birch tree paintings.

See NikiGulley.com to see more of her contemporary landscape paintings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...