Skip to main content

Journal Entry France 2..Watercolor..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews


This is another journal entry from my recent workshop in France .

 The area is in Castlefranc, a quaint town very close to le Vieux Couvent. 

We painted by the river and had a lovely picnic this day, braving the wind a little, but it was still nice.

 I did this entry on site, and it's all watercolor with a final touch of gouache with watercolor on the tree trunks only.

Don't forget that gouache can be used quite comfortably with watercolor, it is after all watercolor with a touch of white in it. I use it a fair bit while doing my journal entries.

I hope you are liking these posts and are traveling along with me on this wonderful trip.

Thanks for visiting..



Rae works and teaches in all media. If you want more info on her workshops and classes, please contact her through this blog or her website at
raeandrews.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...