Skip to main content

New "Gondola Sunrise" by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley

"Gondola Sunrise" Venice ©2019 Niki Gulley
10" x 20" textured oil painting

Rising before the crack of dawn to enjoy St. Mark's Square before the mad rush during Carnivalé, I set up my easel along the lagoon to capture the iconic scenery and gorgeous sunrise. Luckily Mother Nature did not disappoint and the sky was filled with magical pinks, golds and oranges. I love the stack of gondolas resting along the shore just waiting to be taken out for ride. Working quickly to capture the light as it sparkles against the water, I created this piece with palette knife and a lot of oil paint so that it is filled with texture, color and movement.

To see more of my travel paintings, visit nikigulley.com.


***

If you're interested in joining us on one of our upcoming Art Treks or Foodie Treks to Scotland, Tuscany, Venice, Greece or Iceland, please let us know. Spaces fill up quickly!


Scotland - Aug. 2019
Foodie Trek - Tuscany - Oct. 2019
Venice Carnivalé - Feb. 2020
Greece - May 2020
Iceland - Sept. 2020
Foodie Trek - Tuscany - Oct. 2020


For more information on upcoming Art Treks, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...