Skip to main content

New "Sunrise in St. Mark's Square" Oil Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley


"Sunrise in St. Mark's Square" Venice ©2019 Niki Gulley
12" x 16" textured oil painting

I painted this piece on location in Venice during our Art Trek we taught in Venice while their infamous Carnival celebration was taking place. Since St. Mark's Square can get overrun with tourists, we chose to get up with sunrise to enjoy the beauty of the city and the peacefulness of those early morning hours. I love the magical light that comes flooding in from the lagoon and is so distinctive of Venice. Fortunately, I got set up in time to capture the glow from the gas lamps, too, before they went out as daylight approached, adding to the mysterious quality of the plaza. Against a backdrop of the Doge's Palace, a few people stroll across the square and signal the energy of the day that is to come.

To see more of my travel paintings, visit nikigulley.com.


•••

To see "Sunrise in St. Mark's" on display until Nov. 30th, please visit:

The Goodrich Gallery – One Woman Show: Niki Gulley
Nov. 1st – Nov. 30th 
Gallery hours: Saturdays: 9 a.m. – Noon Sundays: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. 
1928 Ross Avenue Dallas, Texas 75201 
(214) 220-2727 

***

If you're interested in joining us on one of our upcoming Art Treks or Foodie Treks to Iceland or Tuscany, please let us know. Spaces fill up quickly!

Iceland - Aug. 2020
Foodie Trek - Tuscany - Oct. 2020
Paris - May 2021
Portugal - Sept. 2021

For more information on upcoming Treks, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...