Skip to main content

New "Golden Textures" from Tuscany by Palette Knife Artist Niki Gulley

"Golden Textures," Tuscany ©2020 Niki Gulley 
12" x 9" textured oil painting

On the last day of our Tuscany Foodie Trek, we explored nearby Pienza to enjoy its picturesque alleyways and amazing views of the valleys below. Having been home to Pope Pius II, the town is filled with interesting historical sites, great shopping, delicious lunch spots and plenty of interesting corners to paint. I chose this doorway since I loved the texture and color of the walls, the prolific potted ivy turning red in the fall sun, and the soft light raking across the scene. Welcome home!

Close up texture detail:


If you're interested in joining us on one of our upcoming Art Treks or Foodie Treks to Iceland or Tuscany, please let us know. Spaces fill up quickly!

Iceland - Aug. 2020
Foodie Trek - Tuscany - Oct. 2020
Paris - June 2021
Portugal - Aug./Sept. 2021

For more information on upcoming Treks, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.

****


To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.


https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...