New Palette Knife Oil Painting from Venice by Niki Gulley



 "Venetian Textures II" ©2021 Niki Gulley

16" x 12" textured oil on canvas panel 

I started this piece during our Plein Air / Photography Art Trek Workshop that my husband, Scott Williams, and I lead in Venice, Italy. We had painted several other grand locations, but decided on day three to paint a more intimate vignette of the canals. Since the whole city is on water, I love how their "garage doors" are actually for their boats! In this painting, I wanted to focus on all of the wonderful architectural textures and age of the homes as seen in the peeling stucco, crumbling bricks and weathered wood. Luckily I had a steady stream of gondolas passing as I was painting so I could add one in to set the mood.

To purchase and for more details, go to nikigulley.com/venetian-textures/.

***
To see more of my contemporary textured landscape paintings, please visit nikigulley.com.

For more information on my Venice and other travel paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.


https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/

Comments