New "Fairytale Setting" by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley

  

"Fairytale Setting" ©2021 Niki Gulley
9" x 12" textured oil painting on canvas panel

Next up on our journey was a visit to the fairytale villages of Alsace, France. Located along the French/German border, each town is a visual paradise consisting of brightly colored cross-timbered houses and flower boxes overflowing with vibrant, cheerful blooms. The hardest part is narrowing down what to paint! This morning I dragged my body and my painting gear in the darkness to set up at this picturesque view in downtown Colmar. As the sun started rising, it illuminated the buildings and cast its colorful glow along the river and the sky. I'm so glad I made the effort and got up in time to capture it!

To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.



***

If you'd like to join us on one of upcoming Art Treks, including one to Alsace, France next August or on our Foodie Trek to Tuscany, please let us know. 


Alsace, France - Aug. 2022
Tuscany Foodie Trek - Oct. 2022

For more information on upcoming Art Treks, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.


Comments