Skip to main content

Painting Sunflowers in France by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley


"Sunny Refrain" ©2021 Niki Gulley
9" x 12" textured oil painting on canvas panel

Painted on location while we were visiting Alsace, France, these perky sunflowers added so much joy to the lush valley. Grapevines planted in repetitious, rhythmic rows ebb and flow over the gentle curving hills as they lead your eye to the old stone church in the distance and you can almost hear their bells ring out. While I began this one outside, you can see the dramatic clouds that started to roll in and and my luck ran out as the rain hit. Fortunately there was still a view undercover and I was able to finish it in the front seat of our rental car. Good thing I didn't spill any paint!



To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.



***

If you'd like to join us on one of upcoming Art Treks, including one to Alsace, France next August or on our Foodie Trek to Tuscany, please let us know. 


Alsace, France - Aug. 2022
Tuscany Foodie Trek - Oct. 2022

For more information on upcoming Art Treks, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...