Portugal's Gorgeous Coastline Painted by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley

     

  

"Atlantic Coastline II" ©2020 Niki Gulley
SOLD • 12" x 9" textured oil painting on canvas panel

Portugal Art Trek: 
Plein Air Painting and Photography Workshop led by Niki Gulley and Scott Williams

Day 4 - Evening Boat Ride


After returning from Obidos, we treated ourselves to a relaxing boat cruise along Cascais' rocky shoreline and surrounding cities. Mother nature didn't disappoint and we were able to enjoy a gorgeous sunset as we sipped on some local Portuguese wines!

Above you'll see my interpretation of the coastline. I wanted this painting to be about the power of the ocean to lift your spirits. I also wanted to capture the gorgeous rock formations and the beautiful colors in the ocean. Whenever I visit the coastline I always feel rejuvenated, and I hope I’ve translated that onto the canvas for you to experience it, too.




To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.



***

If you'd like to join us on one of upcoming Art Treks, including one to Alsace, France next August or on our Foodie Trek to Tuscany, please let us know. 


Alsace, France - Aug. 2022
Tuscany Foodie Trek - Oct. 2022 (wait list only) / Oct. 2023

For more information on upcoming Art Treks, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.


Comments