Skip to main content

Strolling through a birch forest painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley

 

"Woodland Stroll" ©2022 Niki Gulley
10" x 20” textured oil painting

Today we continued our counterclockwise adventure around Iceland to arrive in the north, near the massive, impressive Godafoss waterfall. Unfortunately, our weather turned for the worse, and it was way too wet to paint the falls. However, just over the mountain, 20 minutes away at our b and b, the skies were fairly clear with even occasional glimpses of sunshine. I loved these birch trees all over their property, leading you down to the gorgeous view of the mountains in the distance. Sprinkled with summer wildflowers, I set out to capture the light casting long shadows from the trunks and causing the grasses to glow in the foreground, leading to a feeling of joy and serenity in this beautiful spot.

Close up texture detail of Woodland Stroll: 


If you're interested in joining us on one of our upcoming Art Treks or Foodie Treks to Iceland or Tuscany, please let us know. Spaces fill up quickly!

Alsace, France - Aug. 2022
Foodie Trek - Tuscany - Oct. 2022

For more information on upcoming Treks, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.

****


To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.

  https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...