Skip to main content

New "Simple Life IV" Palette Knife Painting by Niki Gulley

 

"Simple Life IV" ©2022 Niki Gulley
textured oil paint on canvas • framed in natural wood floater frame • 16" x 20"

My husband and I were on a road trip when we came across a couple of these white house glowing on the horizon. Set among vibrant green gently rolling hills with the intense blue ocean in the distance, something beckoned us to stop. Maybe it was the quiet beauty of the scene, or the nostalgic tug at a simpler life, but we were both moved to capture the moment. To convey that feeling of a less congested life, I accentuated the the basic shapes of the homes against the simple repetive curves of the hills. Meanwhile a few wispy clouds drift by adding to the tranquility of the moment. I hope you are transported to this memory of our past, before modern life got so complicated.

To see more of my palette knife contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.

E-mail - Niki Gulley

***


If you're interested in joining us on one of our upcoming Art Treks or Foodie Treks, please let us know. Spaces fill up quickly! For more information on upcoming Treks, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.

****


To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.


https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...